Midway by, work underway on authorities’s UDAN scheme

0
25

UDAN plan is much from its goal of growing 100 airports by 2024

With an goal to attach smaller cities by air routes to provide the quintessential frequent man or ‘aam aadmi’ a possibility to journey by air, the federal government on October 21 unveiled the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) – UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik). did. 2016.

Below this, 100 new airports in addition to heliports and water aerodromes are to be developed between 2019 and 2024 to help the UDAN scheme. As well as, 780 legitimate routes have been allotted to the shortlisted airways after 4 rounds of bidding.

The Airports Authority of India has earmarked an quantity of about Rs 25,000 crore for a interval of 5 years i.e. from 2019 to 2024, throughout which 100 new airports, heliports and waterdromes will likely be commissioned.

In accordance with official sources, out of 780 legitimate routes, solely 359 routes have been made operational.

The replace on airports exhibits that within the monetary 12 months 2019-20, 9 airports had been developed, whereas 14 airports had been developed by the third quarter of 2020-21 (ie December 2020), 26 airports Which of the proposed targets of the scheme can be developed throughout that monetary 12 months.

20 airports are to be developed within the present monetary 12 months (2021-22) and 2022-23 whereas 25 airports are to be developed in 2023-24.

Therefore as per the knowledge supplied by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, as of December 2020, solely 23 airports had been developed beneath the UDAN scheme, despite the fact that it’s within the midway level of its tenure.

As regards the requirements adopted for identification of airports beneath UDAN scheme, the Ministry of Civil Aviation has mentioned that it’s a market pushed scheme whereby airways, primarily based on their evaluation of demand on specific routes Submit your proposals on time. To bid

An airport which is included within the supplied routes of RCS-UDAN and is in want of improve or improvement to begin RCS operations, is developed beneath the scheme “Revival of Unserved and Below-served Airports”.

The UDAN scheme is funded by a levy of Rs 50 on flight tickets on main routes. The levy accounts for 80 per cent of the viability hole funding supplied to airways, with the remaining 20 per cent supplied by state governments.