What is eSIM and how does it work? in the headlines right now e.g There is a lot of dominance. Because Apple has used this eSIM in its new phone iPhone XS and XS Max. Also, they have used eSIM for dual SIM support for connectivity in Apple Watch Series 3 and Watch Series 4. But due to lack of proper and complete information, people are not able to know about eSIM properly. You may have also heard a little bit about eSIM and wondering how it is different from normal SIM.
Some might also be wondering whether it can be used in their devices or not. To answer all these questions, this article, what is eSIM and how it works, has been presented to you. Hope it is able to answer all your questions accurately. We can see that today’s phones and networks can adopt these electronic SIM cards for their future smartphones as this will allow them to be more in their devices physical SIM card (and SIM slot) will not be needed. This will save huge space. This eSIM is not only suitable for Manufactures but it is also suitable for users in large quantities. So what is actually this eSIM? And what exactly is it going to provide in our smart phone? Keep reading this further to know.
What is eSIM
“e.gFull Form of ” is embedded SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card. No physical SIM cards are used in this nor do you need to do any physical swapping. to this eSIM next generation connected consumer devices Don’t forget to say SIM. eSIM requires a network or carrier to run properly and which is enabled by them later, so for your new iPhone XS or XS Max you will need a eSIM-compatible network Will have to look for the one that supports it in running, on the basis of a second SIM support.
An eSIM basically works like a small chip inside your phone and it works like an NFC chip. The information on the eSIM is rewritable, which means that you can change the operator with a simple phone call. Also it is easily Data plan can be added – Apart from this, connecting eSIMs with your mobile account is a matter of minutes.
One thing you must note that iPhone XS और XS Max It also has a physical SIM slot for a SIM card – while this eSIM can be used like a second SIM support. Isn’t this a very funny thing. in eSIM GSMA technology It is used with the association of other mobile networks. This GSMA is a worldwide standard of eSIM throughout the world.
When is eSIM being launched?
eSIM has been launched in iPhone XS and XS Max. Also we can see it in Apple Watch Series 3 and Watch Series 4. It is being highly appreciated by the users. If I talk about countries, then only in 10 countries it is currently supporting eSIM. who are Austria, Canada, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, India, Spain, UK, और US. The company says that very soon this service will be made available in other countries.
What does eSIM mean for your devices?
A very great advantage that it offers is that if you look at it from the design point of view, then you can use this eSIM even in a small device because there is no need for an extra SIM tray to keep the SIM card in it. Doesn’t fall. Also, in this easily the manufacturer does not need to distribute many SIM cards for the network.
Also eSIMs are great for your other devices like laptops and tablets too, because seamless connectivity can be achieved without a physical SIM card. Also, it can be connected simultaneously with many devices through eSIMs because eSIMs do not require extra space.
In which devices eSIM can be used?
Apple has used the connectivity of eSIM in its Apple Watch Series 3 And Watch Series 4 In addition, dual SIM support has also been done in the new iPhone XS and XS Max. Google’s Pixel 2 Also supports eSIM but it is only for US Google’s Project Fi is limited only.
Which Network Providers support eSIM in India?
At present, there are only two network providers in India who support eSIM technology; That is Jio and Airtel.
How does eSIM work?
When asked how this eSIM is new iPhone XS And XS Max They said that if you have a provision for a physical and an eSIM and these are connected to two separate networks, then your iPhone will display both the networks simultaneously in the screen, that too at the same time.
If your handset is in standby mode and both SIM and eSIM are provisioned, then customers can receive calls and texts in both their SIMs. Then you can choose a “default” line in which you can use calls, SMS, iMessage and FaceTime. Whereas the second line is only for SMS and voice.
Alternatively you can use Secondary only for cellular data – this can be useful if you’re traveling abroad and using a local data eSIM. Also you can use more than one eSIM in your iPhone, but you can use only one SIM at a time.
You can switch eSIMs as described in the following way by tapping Settings > Cellular > Cellular Plans and then tapping on the correct plan that you can use. Then you can tap Turn On This Line.
How can you use eSIM on iPhone XS and XS Max?
if you have a QR code हो:
1. Go to Settings > Cellular.
2. Then you have to tap Add Cellular Plan.
3. After that you will have to use the iPhone to scan the QR code that the carrier provides to you – while you can also ask to enter an activation code.
Or how you can activate them from carrier app :
1. For this, first go to the App Store and then download your carrier’s app.
2. You can use this app to buy any cellular plan.
You can also label your plans for which you have to go to Settings > Cellular. Then tap on the number whose label you want to change. After this you have to tap on Cellular Plan Label and then you have to enter a new label or a custom label.
How is eSIM a great option for a regular traveller?
With the help of eSIM, it is very easy for a regular traveler. As we know that the job of travelers is to visit other countries. At the same time, they always have trouble with the SIM. Taking a new SIM together and removing the old one and putting the new one. There are also many charges like roaming charges. To avoid all these troubles, eSIM is a great option. It is very easy to activate it and it does not require physical SIM. Apart from this, they can easily connect to many devices.
What are the QAdvantages of eSIM?
Let us know about the advantages of eSIM.
- It is the size of a piece of a nano sim. That’s why it fits anywhere.
- For this SIM tray There is no need of any.
- In this, a user can switch to another operator very soon. Without changing any SIM card. It is more useful for travellers.
- You can connect more devices simultaneously. For example, if you have a smartphone and also a smartwatch, then you can connect both of them to the same eSIM.
- It has the facility of remote provisioning so that you will not have to wait till the old SIM is deactivated, but the new eSIM can be activated easily.
- This SIM card with phone embedded That is why it is stored all the information of the subscriber, which is necessary to identify and authenticate the mobile subscriber.
- You do not need to change the SIM card for a new SIM, you can do this without changing it.
- eSIM is more secure than other sim cards.
What are the disadvantages of eSIM?
As the coin has two sides, so are the eSIMs too, so let’s know more about it.
- If you have many devices and you keep changing your operators at regular interval then it will create some confusion for you because if all your devices are connected then there may be confusion in changing it and also you have to activate SIM card With the help of that device’s software. You cannot insert a new SIM card by simply removing the old SIM card like you used to do earlier.
- If your battery is low and you want to make a call by connecting your eSIM to a friend’s phone, then it can cause problems because it takes some time to activate the SIM card and it is not very fast and easy.
- To activate eSIM, you have to contact the operator and send it to him. userid And password You can activate the SIM only by entering it.
What is the future of eSIMs?
The future of eSIMs is very bright. Big companies like Apple and Google have used it to declare that if there is any future for SIM cards, then it is only eSIM. With the new GSMA technology, users can easily switch to other network operators. In this, they do not need to take much trouble, this work can be done with just a couple of phone calls.
Together, as we all know that the size of mobiles and devices is getting smaller day by day. In such a situation, SIM size is a very big factor. Apart from this, due to the rewritable feature, the operator can be easily changed. Also there will be no tension of SIM for the travellers. Future belongs to eSIM because once it is embedded with your devices then you can take full advantage of all its features.
I hope you guys What is eSIM? Gave complete information about and I hope you guys have understood about what is eSIM. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then you can write low comments for this. From these thoughts of yours, we will get a chance to learn something and improve something. If you have liked this post of my eSIM or you have got to learn something from it, then please share this post on social networks such as Share on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter etc.