What is DBMS? You must have heard about DBMS, its full name is Database Management System. As the name suggests, it manages the entire database. From creating, handling and deleting data, all the work is done by the database management system. A software that can Create, Manage, Control, Delete and Update data.
Through DBMS, both the user and the programmer can handle their data, that is, both can create, manage and update the data. It has many benefits of its own, about which it is very important for you to know. let’s know What is DBMS and what does it contain in full detail.
What is DBMS
Database is a collection related of data. At the same time there is data collection of facts and figures which are processed to generate information.
Most data represent recordable facts. Data helps to produce information which is based on facts. for example. If we have marks of a class then we can conclude who among them are toppers and who are with average marks.
This database management system stores data in such a way that it becomes easier to retrieve, manipulate, and produce information from it.
DBMS का Full Form ?
DBMS full form of Data Base Management System.
DBMS Full Form in hindi ?
DBMS Full Form in hindi It is a database management system. If the definition of database is understood, then it is a collection of related data which is something like this Organize (organised) that it can be easily accessed, managed and updated.
What are the Characteristics of Database System?
1. Self describing nature of being A database system not only contains data but also stores the description of the database structure and constraints along with it. In this the definition is stored in the DBMS catalog, which contains information like structure of each file, type and storage format of each data and constraint. The information that is stored in the catalog is called meta data.
2. Having Program Data Independence : If I talk about traditional file processing, then the structure of each file is embedded in the application program. Therefore, due to any change in the file, it becomes necessary to make necessary changes in the programs also. to access. Whereas in DBMS, we have program data independence because in this the structure of data files is stored separately in system catalog, if we compare it with access programs then.
3. It Supports Multiple Views of Data There are many users of a database, each of which requires a different view or perspective for the database.
4. Database sharing can be between multiple users : DBMS allows multiple users to access the database at the same time.
What is the function of DBMS
1. Data Redundancy
Each application has its own individual files in the file system and in such a situation, duplicate files of the same data are created at many places. In DBMS, the same type of files are kept at one place, that is, it is not repeated, which reduces the redundancy of the data.
2. Sharing Of Data
In DBMS, data is shared by the authorized user of the organization. In this, the data administrator controls the data and gives rights to the user to access the data.
3. Data Consistency
Through DBMS, the same type of data can be prevented from being stored repeatedly in the database.
4. Integration Of Data
In DBMS all the data is in tables and in a database there are more than one table. Relationships can be created between all these tables, which makes it easy to retrieve and update data.
5. Data Security
The data in DBMS is completely controlled by the data administrator. In this, it is the administrator who makes sure that which user has to give data and how much data is to be given. The database administrator controls which part of the database the user has to give access to and which part is not. This increases the security of the database and the data does not fall into the wrong hands.
6. Remove Procedures
you all know that Computer is a kind of machine and it can fail at any time and at any time. There may be hardware or software failure, in which case the data may be destroyed. Through DBMS, you can easily recover the data in such condition.
Some Potential Disadvantages of Database Management System (DBMS)
1. Cost Of Implementation (implemented cost)
The cost of implementing a database system can be high and can be very costly.
2. Effort Of Transfer Data (difficulties in data transfer)
Transferring the database in the current system can be very difficult and it can also take a lot of time.
3. There is a risk of Database Fails (database spreader) to be
If the data spreads even for a short time, then it will affect the company and the company may have to suffer many types of losses.
Types of Database Management System
1. Network Database
In this type of database, the data is represented as a record and the link between the data is shown.
2. Relational Database
In this data is stored in the form of tables. Where data is stored in Column and Rows. It is also known as structural database.
3. Hierarchical Database
In this data is represented in the form of Parent and Child which are in tree structure.
What are the components of Database Management System?
In DBMS all the data is kept in tables. Data collection, filtering, editing, retrieval, etc., are all done on tables. Tables are made up of Rows and Columns, inside which all the data is stored.
Each column inside the table is called a field. In this, specific part of each data is stored like customer number, customer name, street address, state etc.
The data contained in the rows inside the table is called a record. A record is a type of entry that can contain a person’s name, phone number, etc.
Query is called to extract data from a table or database according to the need. For example, if you want to extract the list of friends living in the same city, then it will be called a query.
You can enter data in the table but it is not easy to modify and store it. Therefore, forms are used to overcome this time. Data is entered in forms just like in tables.
When you print the database records on paper, it is called report.
What is the Function of Database Management System
1. Create Data: Data is created by DBMS i.e. it is stored in the table.
2. Manage DataIn this, the data is managed so that it can be easily accessed.
3. Update DataIn this, the data can be updated as per the need.
4. Delete DataIn this the data which is not needed is deleted.
5. Data BackupIn this, data is backed up so that it can be recovered in case of system failure.
6. Data RecoveryIn this, the data is recovered in case of system failure.
what did you learn today
I hope you like this article of mine What is DBMS Must have liked it. It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information to the readers about what is the function of DBMS so that they can be accessed from other sites or websites. There is no need to search in the context of that article in the internet.
This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then you can write low comments for this.
If you like this post What is DBMS in hindi If you liked or got to learn something, then please share this post on Social Networks such as Share on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.